Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Karaoke, a Texas Wedding, and a Double Rainbow (full on all the way across the sky)

Karaoke was awesome.  I'd never done karaoke in front of a bar before, but it was great.  And I learned that my friends and roommates have mad talent.  Exhibit A: Roommate #1 starts us off with the crowd pleasing "Baby Got Back."  Exhibit B: Roommate #2 busts out a totally legit singing voice.  If the law thing doesn't work out, I expect to see him in concert in a few years.  Exhibit C: friend and fellow U of Cer receives handshakes from the audience for his self-edited version of "99 Problems." After a little dancing in the bar's basement, we walked home, made some chicken fingers, and watched . . . you know I can't even remember what we watched.  I guess that means it was a good night.

The Texas wedding was a) a trip home, b) the marriage of one of my oldest friends (we've known each other since we were 11), and c) yet another opportunity for the Companion and me to bicker about who's the better dancer.  This means that I got to see my family, eat all of my favorite Texan foods, hang out with my middle school crew, and remain convinced that I'm always right about everything, especially when it comes to dancing.


Last but not least: the double rainbow (what does this mean?).  Full disclosure: the Anchorage double rainbow was not nearly as bright and vivid as that guy's double rainbow, but the single rainbow (pictured below (I stole this pic from a co-worker)) was one of the most amazing rainbows I've ever seen.


The rainbow was pretty perfect timing, too, because I'd been feeling a bit glum.  Not only are we very quickly losing daylight up here, but it has been cold and rainy to boot.  I have, however, made some bald eagle friends: a pair of them has been flying around outside my window pretty regularly. So patriotic.  I think I even saw one of them clutching a little American flag the other day.


4 comments:

  1. Double rainbows and double bald eagles! What does it mean??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I finally got my commenting to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the poopy weather up there. but fyi I have a flight alert for ANC :) (at their lowest, fares are still around $550... but you never know, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means the guy is on a lot of drugs.

    ReplyDelete