Thursday, March 1, 2012

Six Months

It's been six months.  Half the year.  Half of my time here in Alaska.  Every time part of life passes by like this, I can't help thinking that this is how life passes in its entirety: quickly.  I still have a very vivid memory of my first day of college, and yet here I am, almost ten years later. Seeing bald eagles out my window (just sayin'.)



What I'm getting at is this: there are things that drive me crazy about this place.  Terrible roads.  Minimal dining options.  12-hour flights to see the people I miss.  Always having to brush snow off of my car.  But there will come a time when I will wish like heck that I could be back here.  Because there are things about this place that I love.  My new friends.  Seeing Denali from my office window.  Being young.  Learning to be a lawyer.  Learning to ski.  Moose in my backyard (just sayin'.).



Perhaps I sound overly earnest, but I don't care (OK I care a little bit, but not enough to prevent me from posting this).  There are few things in life about which I'm often overly earnest, but this is one of them: we only get one shot, so we need to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment